Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that I have just finished my second year on City Council.  It has been such an honor to represent the First Ward of Lansing.  I have come to know so many incredible people and have come to truly recognize that we are an amazing city.  

As the First Ward Council member, I have attempted to do my best to communicate with the constituents of the First Ward and to be as transparent as I possibly can be.  In an effort to keep in touch, I have held 1st Contact meetings the first Saturday of each month--which I will continue to hold--attended neighborhood meetings, given out my personal cell phone number, attended events, and anything else I could think of. 

I am now excited to introduce my blog as another means of communication.  This page will be updated at least once a week, possibly more.  The purpose of this page is to get out information regarding time and place of council meetings, Committee of the Whole, council committee meetings and board meetings.  Further, I will record the issues and how council members voted regarding those issues. Lastly, I will provide information regarding happenings on our side of town. 

I will be presenting facts here.  I will not be using this page for my personal opinions.  I may, however, use it from time to time to explain my vote on a particular issue.  

I hope this page is useful.  In addition, I am always available by phone:  Office: 483-4181 / Cell: 599-5271, or by e-mail at jwashington@lansingmi.gov.  Lastly, I would love to see you at my 1st Contact meeting held the first Saturday of each month at The Avenue (2021 Michigan Ave.) from 10:30 a.m. to noon.

I am looking forward to serving the 1st Ward for another two years, and will continue to represent you to the best of my ability.

Jody 

2 comments:

  1. At your next meeting, could you discuss the best ways to deal with nuisance renters living in unlicensed properties?
    Thanks,
    N Clemens Neighbor

    ReplyDelete